Saturday, 17 September 2011

Beddybyes Lullabies...

I don't know about you guys, but I can't get a good nights sleep without having my ipod plugged into my ears on a medium volume playing my bedtime playlist. Let's face it listening to Dubstep, heavy metal or even chart music won't be any use putting you to sleep.. Although listening to the sounds of the humpback whale (which is said to knock you right out) doesn't put me to sleep either... You need to find the right balance of relaxing music that you still enjoy. Here's a few suggestions right from my Beddybyes playlist.... I hope you enjoy!...

Athlete - Wires

Athlete are a British rock band. I came across this song when I heard it in an ad for a popular children's hospital. The lead singer of the band, Joel Pott, wrote the song about his daughter who was born prematurely. I think it's a really sad, but amazing song!

Bon Iver - Woods

Woods is a song by Bon Iver, an American folk band. This is one song that actually gives me shivers down my spine! The song consists of few words, which are repeated throughout the song adding a new harmony every time. If you haven't heard of Bon Iver I suggest you download some of their stuff, they're amazing!

Counting Crows - Colorblind

You might remember this song from the film 'cruel intentions'... love scene between a hot Ryan Philippe and a young, Virginal Reece Witherspoon... ring a bell? 

Damien Rice - The Blowers Daughter

The fact that he's Irish makes me love him so much more! You may know this song from the film 'Closer'. 

Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova - Falling Slowly

Oh look it's another Paddy! What can I say we're amazing people! I am absolutely in love with Glen Hansard! This film was the soundtrack for the film 'Once'. Even though it looks like it's been filmed on a phone, I can't help but love that film!

Lykke Li - I Know Places

I absolutely love Lykke Li, the Swedish singer/songwriter. Her music is so relaxing and her voice is unreal! All of her songs are so chilled out and great to listen to, especially when you need to relax.

Tracy Chapman - Baby Can I Hold You

I don't know about you, but I want to be Tracy Chapman! Ok I'll admit it, I thought she was a man for half my childhood, but hey it's her distinctive voice and amazing lyrics that make her so amazing!

Jeff Buckley - Last Goodbye

This is one of my favorite songs from Jeff Buckleys amazing album 'Grace'. Who better to play him than Penn Badgley in the up and coming film about his life!

Ok so half of these songs, or most of them... are a little on the depressing side, but what better to listen to than a song that really makes you think! Enjoy! X

Popular Posts