Tuesday, 13 September 2011

Makeup Messiahs!!...

Ok, Maybe the word Messiah is a bit extreme.. but I want to share with you the three makeup products that made my summer!

1) Dior Extase Mascara
If you like me are one of those people that wears six different mascara's in one go for that thick, built up looking effect on your eyelashes, this is the perfect one for you! It has a Spherical shaped brush enhanced with black pearl pigments... (fancy!) It makes your lashes look full whilst reconstructing any damage. 
I use three coats to really get that false lash effect. A lot of Dior products have mixed reviews and while I find this mascara amazing, it does have its cons. It dries like cement and takes a lot of effort to get off, and sometimes it stings your eyes a little, but it's still worth the thirty quid I paid in the duty free. You can find this in any popular chain store that sells Dior products.
                                                                            Before
After



2) Urban Decay Naked Pallete
I got this as a birthday present and I'm in love!
                                         
The Palette contains twelve wonderful colors with names such as 'Virgin', 'Buck' and 'DarkHorse'
There's also three different textures in the pallet, Glitter, Shimmer and Matte. The Palette comes with a Good Karma shadow brush and a travel sized primer potion. It was brilliant for my holidays because of the variety of colors, I could go from a toned down casual eye with the browns and creams, to a Smoking diva with the black and grey. So much to do with just one pallet and all for forty euros from Debenhams and other popular stores that sell Urban Decay products.


3) Mac Musky Amethyst Lipstick
I'd been looking for a dark, severe looking lipstick for so long, and finally I came across Musky Amethyst.. (With a name like that you know it's gonna be dazzling!) 

The lipstick is a Ruby red color with hints of purple and brown shades, It's glittery and glossy so you don't need to put anything over it, although I sometimes put a clear gloss for a plump effect. As with a lot of Mac lipsticks it's hard to apply, and can sometimes come out looking like a few different colors, but once you get it right this lipstick is divine! Its lasted me up to three hours without topping it up, (which I usually do every five minutes!.. It's an ocd thing don't ask!) It costs just under twenty euros. 
I especially love this look with defined cheekbones, dark eyes and slick back hair like a high pony! It's so edgy! (As Tyra Banks would say!)

So If you're looking to spice up your makeup bag this autumn, I highly recommend these products!
Enjoy!
x

Popular Posts