Sunday, 2 October 2011

Covers to keep you warm...

I gave my blog a little makeover... I love roses so... there's a rose...
Anyways...
There's nothing I enjoy more than browsing youtube and watching hopeful, future stars covering some of the best songs! Especially when they're 5 year olds! So I thought I'd make a list of some of my favourite covers, famous and not famous...

Krissysings...

I've loved these ladies for a couple of years now! They're stunners with amazingly sweet voices and great guitar skills! Their names are Krissy and Ericka, they're sisters, as you can probably tell!
They were signed to a record label in 2009 and have released an album, Krissy and Ericka, which is available in the Philippines, Thailand and Indonesia, I just love all of their covers, especially when they mix songs together such as this one, and a cover of Katy Perry's 'California girls' which they mixed with Ushers 'OMG'. Click here to check out their Youtube channel!

Ryan Adams...

Ok, don't make any judgments before listening to this! I'm a huge Oasis fan and when I let some of my friends hear this world war III broke out! They hated it immediately based on the fact that some brave fucker actually covered a huge Oasis song! I'm not saying it's better than the original but I really like this version! It's slowed down and really emotional! I first heard it in an episode of 90210. Ryan Adams also has his own songs which I love, check them out here.

Jorge and Alexa Narvaes...


Is that the cutest thing you've ever seen or what? 
Nothing better than a father, daughter duo! I'm still begging my dad to whip out his saxophone and I'll strum on my guitar which I'm useless at playing.. I'm pretty sure it would turn out nothing like this seeing as we're both tone deaf! The song they're covering in this video is one of my favourites, 'Home' by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes. Is it strange that I kind of prefer this one to the original version? lol! Check out their youtube page here..

Birdy...


Fine I'll admit it, I hated it at first.. I was being a proper Music snob! I couldn't believe someone covered one of my favorite Bon Iver songs 'Skinny Love' and released it into the.... the... the.............. CHARTS! lol!
I actually really like it now though, It's a completely different take on the song, slowed down, less upbeat and a lot more emotional... And get this, Birdy is only fourteen! Some set of lungs she has! I just hope people don't forget whose song this really is! Check out her channel..

MattyB...


More of a parody.. but I had to put this up! How cute is this little guy? He's only seven! 
Why couldn't the seven year olds I knew when I was younger be as cool as this?
See more here..
Could this little fella be the next Justin Bieber?
I hope not... 
lol!
x





Popular Posts