Wednesday, 12 October 2011

Girls night in Nutella Cake!

Let's just say if I was stranded on a desert Island and could only choose one thing to bring... It would be a lifetime supply of Nutella before a man any day! I'm the type of girl who'll sit down in front of the telly and eat a full jar of it with a spoon and not even notice!! So when I got my hands on a recipe from my aunties mother-in-law, a stunning Italian housewife who makes the sexiest cakes in the world, for a Nutella cake... I was in Paradise!
I'm no chef, so don't expect anything spectacular, but I've made this decadent, chocolaty Kinder cake (As she likes to call it because it's kind of like a kinder egg!) a few times, I've adjusted a lot of the measurements and some of the ingredients to make it my own, and I think it's the perfect cake for girly nights in weather it's watching the X Factor, having a cup of tea and a chat or crying over how much you hate men and the dickhead things they do. 
The best thing about this recipe is that it's so simple!

 You will need
6 eggs
1 Glass of vegetable oil
1/2 glass of cocoa
1 pane D'angeli or 2 teaspoons of vanilla essence
2 glasses of Sugar (white or brown works!)
3 Glasses of flour
1 glass of milk
1/2 tub of Nutella
250ml fresh Cream

Notice how I measure in Glasses, By this I literally mean any old glass you have in your house. The woman who gave me the recipe bakes blindly and didn't give me any exact measurements, so I just use whatever glass I have handy and it still works out every time!
This one does the job!
Now let's get started!...

Firstly.. Pre-heat your over to 180 degrees, (Notice how bad of a recipe blogger I am, I can't even find the degree sign!)

Add Sugar (I usually use white sugar for this recipe but because my mam is going through a strange phase we only have brown sugar in the house) Cocoa, a pinch of salt, oil and eggs to a large mixing bowl. 

Blend it (preferably with an electric mixer) until the mix is light and fluffy.

Add the flour (I sieved the flour in but I actually prefer the cake when the flour isn't sieved! It's more luscious!) Vanilla essence and a glass of milk and blend until the mixture is smooth.

...Like this!

Warning: Avoid having any friends/ annoying siblings in the kitchen...
they will eat your cake mix!

Butter up two baking tins! (Make sure they're the same size!)

Pour the mix evenly into the baking tins. Bake them in the oven for 25-30 minutes at 180 degrees. 
You'll know they're ready if you stick a knife in the center and it comes out clean.

While you're waiting you might as well whip up you're cream! Mine looks like a happy face! :)

Rise my beauties Rise!

When they're done leave them to cool for 10 minutes..


I find they cool faster when they're out of the hot tins.


When the cake is fully cooled spread Nutella over one half.

Then spread the fresh cream over the nutella.

Sandwich the two pieces together, spread Nutella over the top and Voila! Nutella Kinder Cake!


Yummmma! I wouldn't bother making this cake if you're on any kind of diet.. It's probably Very fattening!

And lastly... Don't forget the Blueberries! lol!

X








Popular Posts