Saturday, 22 October 2011

WISWISW?... Angel Ball 2011

What does WISWISW stand for? Who Is She and What Is She Wearing?... A new post I'm going to do for all the big events to show you guys whose looking hot and whose... well, not! 

Nothing makes my blood boil more than seeing celebs in hideous outfits, I mean come on... They have all the money in the world to blow on designer clothes, stylists, hairdressers and makeup artists so it baffles me when they can still look rotten on the red carpet! So for this reason, I'm probably going to be incredibly critical!
let's start!...

Event: The 2011 Angel Gala Ball which was held at Cipriani Wall Street last Monday. 



Who is she?
The stunning Newlywed, Kim Kardashian.
What is she wearing?
Kim showed up at the Gala sporting this flowing, strapless black and white dress with a black fur stole, big over the top earrings and two diamond cuffs. If I'm honest, I really don't like this look! Firstly, I'm not a fan of fur, real or fake! It really just doesn't appeal to me on the red carpet, I think it can really tack up an outfit if not worn correctly. In this case I think it looks awful.. It seems to be too much with the dress, a simple black balero would have done the job! With the exception of the fur, I still don't like the dress... It seems too tight especially around the boob area, Those diddy's look like they're begging to be freed! The dress tightens at the waist, which is nice on arrow-glass figures but in this case I don't think it does any justice to Kim's beautifully shaped body, It seems to me that she actually looks a little bigger than she really is. I love the earrings but what made her wear two diamond cuffs? If I was wearing a huge pair of earrings with a simple dress I'd probably not wear any other accessories, they just take away from it! Even one wouldn't have been so bad but why two? I love Kims hair slicked back in the simple bun but I wish she would have done something different with her makeup rather than the black smoky eye that she always seems to sport.

Who is she?
The lovely Ivana Trump.
What is she wearing?
Ivana opted for this Orange dress with a low neck line, cut out side and jewel details across the waist and on the straps. I think Ivana mixed up her age, is she 61 or 16? I mean fair play to the woman, she looks great for her age, but come on? This looks to me like something you'd wear to your debs/prom... I think Ivana would look amazing if she covered up and wore something with long or 3/4 length sleeves and just dressed more modestly, this outfit is way too mutton dressed as lamb!
I'm not sure if it's the color of the dress that is making her washy looking, or if it's just a bad makeup job... but all in all I really don't like this look.

Who is she?
Eve
What is she wearing?
Well Eve has certainly came a long way from her revealing, low cut outfits showing off the paw print tattoo's on her mango's! Red is definitely her color, I think it suits her really well... As for the fur, as I said before I'm not a fan, but I'd rather with than without it in this case. The blazer doesn't seem to fit her right and looks a little small and I hate the maroon shoes with it, the outfit would have looked a lot more slick with some black platforms. It's a little on the safe side but all in all it's an alright outfit!

Who is she?
Naomi Campbell
What is she wearing?
Naomi looks stunningly smart in this beautiful Alexander Mcqueen outfit. Those shoes actually have me drooling! Just one problem, I really don't think it's appropriate for the event. While most of the guests were wearing beautiful, floor length gowns Naomi looked a little more casual.. hair and makeup looks great though!

Who is she?
Singer/DJ Solange Knowles, aka Beyonce's little sis!
What is she wearing?
Solange wore this white, pear embellished, draped dress designed by Alessandra Rich with a simple silver cuff. The dress is really stunning but I think it's more for the runway than the red carpet... Solange kind of looks like a duvet...
Also, I would have opted for a simple, loose, up-style with the dress.. her hair looks way too wild for my likings, I'm going to contradict myself here and say that despite all that, there is something I like about the look... I just haven't decided what yet...

Who is she?
Shontelle
What is she wearing?
Shontelle sported a fitted baby blue number accessorized with silver shoes, a silver clutch, and from this photo what appears to be a gold chain? I can't really judge because I can't quite make out the color but if it is gold... Shontelle should really learn that mixing the two so obviously is a no no! Although I love the color of the dress it, like Naomi Campbells, seems really safe and more for a day at the races than a charity ball! 

Who is she?
TV personality Lala Vasquez 
What is she wearing?
Lala looked stunning in this blush, one shouldered chiffon, gown. She certainly was the best out of a bad bunch.. The dress is plain and flowy with a greek goddess look to it and I love her natural makeup and half up, half down hair! 

Who is she?
Top model Sessilee Lopez
What is she wearing?
Another stunning look for me, Sessilee looked stunning in this simple sleek white dress which hugged her long, slim figure. Her hair looks a little greasy and I probably would have preferred more of a loose style, I also would have broken up the color, maybe worn a black clutch bag seeing as, according to fashion police, Black and white is huge this season! Other than that I think she looks great!

Well that's all folks, Just a quick reminder that this is all just my opinion.
I'd love to know what you guys think of these outfits? Don't be afraid to disagree, I'm very cruel when it comes to celebrity outfit choices! lol!
x


















Popular Posts