Wednesday, 7 December 2011

Love love love Lykke Li!...

I've had a really tough day involving mean bosses, a trembling lower lip and a horrible hangover...
don't ask!
Nothing cheers me up like music does! (Now that my sisters gone off to Oz...)
So I thought I'd do a post on one of my favorite female musicians... Lykke Li.


Let me start by telling you a little about her. She's a Swedish singer/songwriter whose music is a mix of pop, indie rock and electronic. There's a wide variety of instruments in her songs. Her first album, Youth Novels was released in 2008 and her second Wounded Rhymes in 2011. Her music has been featured in Glee and she wrote a song for the Twilight Saga: New Moon called possibility. If any of you are Made In Chelsea fans you'll probably recognize some of her songs as they've been played throughout the second series.

I first heard Lykke Li last year when I was introduced to a song called 'Until We Bleed' by Kleerup ft Lykke Li. It's a great song and I instantly fell in love with her sweet voice!
A few months ago I downloaded two of her albums and I love every single song!


I find her music really relaxing and almost magical.. It brings me into a daze and really is music that you can daydream to! I also like to listen to it in bed if I'm having trouble sleeping, my bedtime playlist is full of her songs. Rather than post a whole load of her songs I'm just going to post my favorite ones so you ladies can get a little taste of what she's like. If you like her I highly recommend getting your hands on her albums.. They're amazing!

The Song that first introduced me to Lykke Li.

This song is so enchanting!

So romantic!

More chirpy and upbeat, I love it!


I hope you grow to love her as much as I do!
x

Popular Posts