Friday, 13 January 2012

Hey.. The music in this movie is pretty EPIC!...

What an original title! lol!
For a few months now I've been planning to write about my favourite movie soundtracks...
I have a really strange taste in music.. anything can satisfy my ears from Electro, to Rock and even some Grunge!
Shuffling my Ipod is more random than pulling the lever on a slot machine!
Pull the lever kronk... WROOONG LEVEEEEEEEEEEER!
I had to say that.
Anyways back to the point, as long as a movie has good music I'm Sold!
So here is a list of some of my favourite soundtracks, I've probably left a few out, here we go:

 Once
For those of you who haven't seen 'Once' it's an Irish made film (That looks like it's been recorded on a mobile phone) about a heartbroken busker who falls in love with a flower selling Czech lady. 
Don't expect to see amazing special effects or spectacular acting skills, It's the music that made this film!
With songs such as 'Lies' and 'Falling slowly' (My favourite song in the world!) it's no surprise that the film was a huge hit in the US. Glen Hansard and Markéta Irglová wrote each song and composed the music, and won a well deserved Academy Award for Best Original Song.

Tarzan
Disney's Tarzan is another film with an amazing soundtrack. I love it when films which are aimed at young children have unreal music in them, it teaches them the difference between real artists and silly ones! 
Phil Collins composed the soundtrack which includes the amazingly beautiful song 'You'll be In my Heart' which won an Oscar and Golden Globe for best original song.

American Pie 1, 2 & 3
I grew up watching the three main American Pie films, so when I hear any songs from the soundtrack I'm instantly taken back to my childhood! The three main bands on the soundtracks that I'm fond of are Blink 182, Sum 41 and Third Eye Blind. The songs 'going away to college,' 'Fat Lip,' and 'One Week,' are among my favourites. The upbeat, feel good rock/grunge music is well worth a download!

Mamma Mia
Of course I put this in! A movie filled with ABBA songs! Who wouldn't love the soundtrack?
Surprisingly I almost love the soundtrack more than the original songs! Especially Amanda Seyfriends sweet, meloncholy cover of 'The name of the game.' 

Spirit Stallion of the Cimarron 
I haven't seen this movie in about ten years but when a girl in work brought it up the other day I instantly remembered being in Love with the soundtrack!
By Bryan Adams and Hans Zimmer the soundtrack includes the amazing European hit 'Here I Am' and the beautiful song 'You Can't Take Me.' I will definitely be downloading all of the songs after this post and I recommend that you ladies check it out!

Dear John
I haven't bought the whole soundtrack but I am absolutely in love with the ever so sweet and talented Amanda Seyfriends song which is featured in the film, 'Little House.' 
I also love the song in the trailer which is Snow Patrol ft Martha Wainwright, 'Set the fire to the third bar.'

Walk The Line
Shockingly enough I've never seen this film about the life of the amazing country legend Johnny Cash, but my dad had the soundtrack in his car and there's nothing better than some Johnny Cash when your feeling low.
It's a grammy award winning album with covers of Johnny Cash's greatest hits, most of them by Joaquin Pheonix and even features some songs by Reece Witherspoon herself! She really is multi talented!

The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride
The soundtrack in the Lion King is epic, but the music in the Lion King 2 is just unreal!
The song 'He Lives In You' composed again by Hans Zimmer is amazing and is featured in the Broadway musical of The Lion King. Other beautiful songs in the film are 'We Are One,' 'Upendi,' and 'One of us.'

Hope you ladies liked this post, Now question time!
What's your ultimate favourite movie soundtrack?
x

Popular Posts