Saturday, 28 January 2012

How Much Is That Virginity In The Window?...

I don't know about you ladies but I've been raised to believe that your Virginity is a very valuable thing..
22 year old Natalie Dylan took that phrase a little too seriously and has decided to sell hers.

Natalie is actually really pretty!

As we all know Prostitution is illegal.. but Natalie done her homework and got in contact with 'Mr Hoff' at the Moonlight Bunny Ranch in Nevada, where prostitution is in fact legal.
Natalie claims that she is doing this to earn money to get herself and her sister through college...
There are thousands of students, Including myself, that can't afford the college they want to attend,
I've taken this year out to work and raise the money.. while Natalie is choosing to earn the money by spending one night with a man. As bad as this sounds, there's a part of me shouting Fair play Natalie!
Others disagree..
In the centre is Hoff who is helping her to sell her virginity through the Moonlite Bunny Ranch.

I came across this case on a popular radio show that I listen to and my jaw nearly hit the floor when I heard how much this girl is capable of earning.
Auctioning off her virginity, she has had bids up to 4.7 million dollars!
Natalie openly admits that this is prostitution but claims that she has been in contact with some of the millionaires that have placed bids, she is getting to know them and won't be choosing the highest bidder, but the person she feels she connects with most.
Each bidder is being checked for criminal records and STD's, Natalie has also sat through lie detector tests to assure that she is a Virgin.
Now if any of you haven't seen her on tv, or heard her speak on the radio, you probably think this girl is some  stupid bimbo that hasn't a clue.. but when I watched her on the Tyra Banks show I couldn't help noticing how well educated and informed she is. She's quite a good speaker and is well able to stand her ground and defend herself against the negative comments she has been receiving.

Natalie came face to face with one of her bidders on The Tyra Banks show, and oh what a hunk he was!

One question that came to my mind was where did she get this crazy idea from? Why not just go and hand in your CV to burger king for college money? Why sell your Virginity?
She explains on Tyra Banks that herself and her sister were researching for their college thesis and were intrigued to study the broad spectrum of the nature between Virginity and Prostitution. That's where she found the case of a woman who sold her virginity for a large sum of money. In an interview she said:

'If Virginity is considered that valuable, what's to stop me from benefitting from that? It is mine after all!'  

She also stated that she has turned her virginity into something that allows her to gain power and opportunity from men.
Natalie and her sister both agree that this is feminism at it's best.. to be honest I think it's opposite, she is using her body as an object and calling it 'empowerment.' A woman on the Tyra Banks show made a comment that it's actually offensive to call this feminism.. and I agree.
Losing your virginity can be an awkward, embarrassing thing if it's not with someone you love and trust, how can she go into a dirty brothel with, most likely, an old pervy man, and do it?

I'm truly on two mind's about this. Although I know for sure that I completely disagree that this is any form of feminism.
Half of me says what the heck are you doing? It's a special thing, how could you lose it through prostitution with a filthy old perve...
While the other half of me is thinking.. Fair play! You just have to spend one night with this dude and you're sorted for life! It's your body, do with it what you please!
That's why I'd love to hear your opinion on this.

One thing that does worry me is the publicity she's getting from this.. Teenagers all around the world are hearing about this and those who are truly broke are probably considering selling their own V cards!
Back in 2010 a sixteen year old Northern Irish girl posted an ad on Gumtree to sell hers in order to pay for art classes and University...
Is it really such a good idea to publicise a role model such as Natalie Dylan?

Don't be shy, drop a comment and let me know your opinion on this.

x

Popular Posts