Monday, 30 January 2012

Mickalene Thomas: The Glamour that is Femininity...

I've gone and done it again... I found another amazing artist!
I've noticed a trend in my artist posts, I've only really been writing about paintings, so I thought I'd change things up a little with an artist that has a mix of mediums including photography, porcelain figures and some stunning mix-media 
So first, A little about her...
Isn't she beautiful?

Mickalene Thomas is a New York based artist whose work is said to represent femininity, power and lots of glamour with her rhinestone embellished, glittering art work! Her website states that:
'Thomas introduces a complex vision of what it means to be a woman and expands common definitions of  beauty.'
Her work radiates sexuality and her paintings of African American women; 'explore notions of black female celebrity and identity.'

I don't want to get all art teacher boring here as I'm dying to show you her work so for more check out her website here!
Now prepare to be dazzled!!..























Are you as amazed as I am?
Her work is just so inspiring!
What do you ladies think?
Are you, like me, planning on purchasing every single piece the day you win the lottery?

x

Popular Posts