Saturday, 25 February 2012

Apologies...

Hello ladies, I guess some of you are wondering where I've been for the last two weeks?
This is the longest I've gone without blogging and I've been completely lost!
Unfortunately my lovely grandfather passed away after years of battling cancer. 
We buried him in Italy where he lived most of his life, therefore the funeral dragged out for two weeks,
we had one in Ireland and then the whole family returned to Italy for yet another funeral.
Now I know funerals are supposed to be a sad time but in my experience I've found that although sad, they really are a time that bring people together. Getting to stay in my grandparents house with all of my aunties, uncles and cousins turned out to be a great auld laugh weather we were drinking hot chocolate in the local bar or sitting by the fire in the kitchen making up ridiculous games out of boredom! 
So although it's been a tough couple of weeks I've also gotten to spend loads of time with my nearest and dearest in the place I love the most, Italy. 
I couldn't help snap a few pics to show you lovely ladies...
Me and my lovely little nonno, RIP x

It's tradition in Ireland that when someone passes away you drink.. in Italy.. you eat! So the week I was there involved wining and dining on a daily basis and eating my body weight in delicious Italian food... the second photo is our local bar over there, isn't it adorable?




I live on the tip of a mountain in Italy and the snow there has been mental the last couple of weeks, my poor dad was forced out of the car a few times on our way up to pull broken tree's off the road!

This is the view from my granny's house in the tiny village we live in...

We happened to be there at the time of Carnivale! It's basically the Italian version of Halloween and I couldn't help but photograph some of the lovely treats in the local cake shop...


                                     


So apologies for my absence, and I promise I've loads of great and interesting posts coming up!

x

Popular Posts