Sunday, 5 February 2012

Oh how times have changed.. a Cringe-worthy post!!

Well seeing as I stepped out of my comfort zone yesterday and posted a few pics of myself I thought I'd do a completely embarrassing post today...
Tonight I got access to my cousins old Bebo page and got a hold of pictures from Summer 2006 onwards!!!!
As you all probably know I'm half Italian and head over there every summer where the small village I'm from transforms into Ireland with all of my friends and family! I live for summer every year and always start my clothes shopping months in advance.. seeing the photo's really showed me how much my fashion sense has changed (for the better) throughout the years and I thought.. Ah fuck it, I'll show my followers and give them a nice laugh!!
So... here we go...

Summer 2006...
I was 13!! So as you can see my hair is quite short as I was yet to discover extensions, I had braces, a flat chest and let's not even get started on the very little make-up I had on! As for the outfit... I remember my mam buying me the Miss Sixty boob tube, I actually kept it for years as it looked lovely with jeans (at the time!)... and I opted to wear it with the tacky, elasticated white skirt from one of those super tacky shops that were oh so popular back then for purchasing slutty outfits for your local teenage disco's! 

Summer 2007...
I was 14.. Oh Lord! My hair seems to have gotten shorter... I did wear extensions at the time but not this night! Ok so the red and white stripy top is normal... little cardigan over it, can't complain much.. I'm not really sure why my mam let me out of the house in such a short skirt for a girl of 14 but the white denim is such an improvement from the tacky elastic material in the last photo! As for the shoes... I actually thought they were high at the time... now the look like kitten heels compared to the platforms I wear!!

Summer 2008...
I was 15.. this was probably the best summer I've had as it was the year I was allowed to stay out later and head out clubbing with my sister and her friends! I actually really like this outfit although I wouldn't be caught dead in it now! It was the year when Sailor style was huge so I wore these red, high waist shorts with the navy and white striped top.. the red heels... still so low but I remember them being in back then. As you can see I discovered hair extensions, unfortunately I'd gotten the bright idea to get a gullet (female mullet) cut into my hair that year, you can kind of see it in the photo.. What was I thinking?..

Summer 2009...
I was 16... The legal drinking age in Italy is 16.. as you can imagine, this was a messy summer! I had dyed my hair black which I loved in the summer with a tan, but once I returned to Ireland and the tan faded, even with my sallow skin the black hair made me look completely washy! I got the Bodycon dress in H&M and still have it in my wardrobe, it's one of those LBD's that I just can't throw away because it completely sucks in your stomach.. unfortunately it's shrunk a lot and is really short now so I haven't worn it recently. I layered two necklaces as the dress is quite simple, if I was to wear it now I'd either wear no necklace, or pile on four or five! lol...

Summer 2010...
I was 17... excuse the awful photo it doesn't do justice to that dress at all! So that was the summer I got a fringe, hated it and wore it clipped to the side every night! lol The white dress is from fcuk, I got in on sale and because it was ripped I got a further reduction so It worked out at a reasonable price and all I had to do was sew it up a little! I still love this dress, it was my first white dress and looked great with a tan! I actually have to get it out and start wearing it again now that I think of it!

Summer 2011...

As you probably guessed I am the most unphotogenic person in the world! But what can ya do? As you can see this summer my fashion sense was more.. chilled. I loved wearing high waisted shorts, crop tops and my good auld converse, maxi dresses were also worn a lot as I love how elegant and ladylike they make you feel and modesty finally kicked in and I wore a lot of shirts and blouses. My hair was also more chilled out, instead of going through the effort of straightening and curling it only to be ruined by the humidity, I used to wash my hair and extensions, pop them in with a bit of conditioner and go out with it wet letting nature take it's course and having wavy, effortless hair! 

Isn't it crazy how times have changed?? 
I'd love to see you ladies do a blog post like this.. have you got the guts? I challenge you!
Muhahaha
x

Popular Posts