Saturday, 3 March 2012

February Haircare!...

I'm petrified of going to the hairdressers.
I mean aren't we all? My hair takes so long to grow, then I pop in for a trim, specifically ask for ONE INCH OFF, fake a smile and thank the hairdresser for being such a good sport before going home and throwing a tantrum about how short it is! Because of all of the bad experiences I've had in the past I now avoid the hairdressers and don't go more than three times a year.. that has to change..
I recently got Micro bead hair extensions and decided that from now on my dry yet greasy hair is going to get taken care of! I'll be doing a review on the extensions soon so I won't go on too much about them..
Here are some of the haircare products that I've been using...

Now I'll get into more detail about these products...
                                                                                           
The Tangle teaser...
You ladies are probably familiar with this baby but for those of you who aren't...
When I got my micro bead extensions the hairdresser told me to pick up one of these immediately...
I always lose unnaturally big chunks of my hair during brushing as my hair is really dry from using waving wands and straighteners and is always knotted when I come out of the shower, no matter how much conditioner I use. Unlike a regular hairbrush the teeth/bristles are soft and glide through the hair, de-tangling any knots and leaving it smooth and super shiny! I bought it in boots for E15.00 which seems like a lot to be paying for a hairbrush but it's so great and it's compact so I can bring it anywhere with me and now have an obsession with brushing my hair no matter where I am! A definite 10/10!!


The Orofluido hair mask ...
Apparently everyone should have a good hair mask, I used to just rob some of my mams every couple of months but I decided to get my own. The hairdresser recommended this one for my hair and I have to say I love it! I apply it to the ends of my hair (never to the roots as my hair is naturally quite greasy at the top so I wouldn't want to make it any worse) and leave it for 5-10 minutes. A normal person would only have to use this once a month but seeing as my hair is so dry and damaged I've been using it once a week and it's been great! My hair is left soft, shiny and looking like I've just left the hairdressers!

Orofluido beauty elixir for hair...
The hairdressers also recommended this for my hair (everywhere except the roots) and I love it!
I've never been mad into putting oils in my hair but this product is known for repairing yours locks whilst making them silky, shiny and light. I use a tiny drop on the palm of my hand, (as pictured above) rub my hands together and spread in on my towel dried hair after the shower. The effects have been amazing and because I use so little at a time the bottle will last me ages! I got this product and the mask above for thirty euro during a deal in the hairdressers I go to, you can find regular prices on their website here!

Tresemme Instant refresh dry shampoo...
Seeing as I'm only allowed to wash my hair a maximum of twice a week with the extensions I've had to stock up on the auld dry shampoo and I'm loving this one! It's for fine to oily hair and works a treat also managing to volumise and boost body in your hair. It contains lemongrass and smells just like the Tresemme shampoo leaving your hair feeling and smelling fresh as if you've just gotten out of the shower! It costs around 6 euro in Boots...

So these are the four main hair products I've been using in the last month, have you ladies used any of the above? What do you think of them? Have you any other recommendations for my hair?

x



Popular Posts