Friday, 2 March 2012

Gianfranco Ferre: Dresses to Die For!...

As you all probably know I'm in love with evening gowns and after researching into Gianfranco Ferre I've decided that they're definitely up there in my list of favourite designers along with Zuhair Murad and Elie Saab...

Gianfranco Ferre originally studied architecture and launched his first womenswear collection in 1982! His designs were renowned for their femininity, crisp lines and invisible seams sculpting the woman's figure and flowing creating goddess like silhouettes. After he died in 2007 Lars Nilson became creative director for less than a year. He was then replaced by Tomasso Aquilano and Roberto Rimondi who were praised for 'honoring Ferré’s legacy of controlled femininity while modernizing the label with their stiff, geometric dresses in curve-conscious shapes'
In 2011 they were let go and replaced by Stefano Citron and Federico Piaggi who produced their first collection this Spring 2012.

Despite all of these chops and changes the line has remained true to the original designers visions and I'm absolutely in love with some of the gowns, so here are a few of my favourites from various collections... enjoy!











Aren't they beautiful?
I attended an annual gala ball which I go to every year with my family and friends on Monday night. I chose to rent my dress from Covet which is a dress rental shop in Powerscourt shopping centre, Dublin which rents beautiful, high fashion pieces..
I just so happened to rent a Gianfranco Ferre dress which got me into the top 5 best dressed ladies of the night! Unfortunately I didn't get into many piccy's on the night, (what?..I'm shy!) but I'll post one just to give you an idea of what the dress was like...

(That's me in the gold... and that's my awkward embarrassed face!)
The dress was pretty plain despite all of the embellishments but I absolutely adored the vintage shape! I'm so sad it's gone back to the shop! :(


x

Popular Posts