Monday, 5 March 2012

Mother Dearest...

Well the big M day is coming up and I've been feeling especially confused about what to buy the mother now that my sister is off in Australia...
We've always chipped in and bought her something nice together but this year I'm on my own...
So I've been doing my homework and found some great and unusual gift idea's for the mammy that I thought I'd show you ladies...

Candy Plum Scarves...



Candy plum scarves have been everywhere lately! I've spotted them in a few magazines including Image and they're now available in BT2 Ireland. If your mother, like mine, is a bit of a Fashionista *cough* Diva *cough* I'm sure she'll appreciate a luxurious gift like this! The scarves range from £95 - £255 and (if you have that kind of money) I think they make a great gift! You can check out the Candy Plum website here!

Snapfish.ie...




If you're into the sentimental gift I've found that Snapfish.ie have some great gift idea's!
Everyone loves pictures and the memories that come with them so why not get the mammy a nice personalised calender for E11.99! Some other great idea's are their canvas prints (from 29.99) and personalised picture mugs (from 8.99) to cheer up her grumpy face as she sits down for her morning coffee!
Having ordered from Snapfish before I have only great things to say about them! It's quick, efficient and really fairly priced.. All you have to do is upload your photo's and voila... the delivery time is also really quick as it's an Irish company so I had my photo's within days!

The Osprey Hotel & Spa Naas...




If the mammy has been extra good to you this year why not spoil her with a luxurious spa break. There are so many great mothers day deals. The Spa of my choice would be the Osprey hotel. Having been there myself I can say it's absolutely amazing! I paid just over one hundred euro and got an overnight stay, one treatment and full access to the spa, swimming pool and jacuzzi and a three course meal in the lovely hotel restaurant and breakfast the next morning. Is that a great deal or what? The spa is fully equipped with three different temperature sauna's, a salt room, a relaxation room, an ice room and a steam room and treatments include massages, mud baths, a hydro-float, nail treatments, etc...
If it's a spa break your mammy's interested in I highly recommend checking out the packages on the Osprey hotel website...

Lucky boy Sunday Plush and Pillows...



If the mothers into more unusual pieces (Or if her taste is as strange as mine) I'm sure she'll love these Plush toys and pillows by Lazy Boy Sunday... They're cute, quirky and somewhat creepy and are available on  MashnGravy.com.. The prices range from £13-£45.

Plush Taxidermy...

Another weird yet wonderful gift idea is the Plush Taxidermy by Bibib & Co.. I found this on Fancy (If you don't have the app get it now it's epic!) and just fell in love with them! It's taxidermy yet no animals were killed and stuffed in the process! lol... Another quirky idea! Check out the Bibib & co website here..

Aromatherapy Bath Oils...
I don't know about yours, but my mother is constantly on the go from cooking to cleaning to cooking to cooking to cooking to pretty much being the perfect little Italian housewife! What better way to unwind than with a nice hot bath and some aromatherapy oils.. At £28.50 you can find them on Beautybay.com..

Mamma Mia!...
A you probably know I've been slowly trying to make my friends and family become Lush junkies just like myself, and Lush have some great sets for mothers day my favourite being the Mamma Mia set which contains sultana of soap, the tiny hands serum bar, lemony flutter cuticle softener and the Ro's Argan body conditioner. Oh and see the fairy? That's 'for you'.. the washing up fairy which can be used to actually wash dishes.. Lush trying to influence us teenagers to do the dishes? You may have lost a few brownie points there... lol.. It's available in Lush (duh), it costs £19.95 and it also comes in Orange. Check it out on the Lush website here!

Music...

If I had it my way my mam would be listening to torrid Dubstep in the car while she's out driving like a psycho.. (Is it just mine or do all mothers drive like absolute maniacs?).. unfortunately my mother has awful taste in music and is always listening to her cheesy Italian music so I'm again trying to convert her..
The two CD's I'd recommend are Madonna's new album MDNA because your mother probably liked her as a teen and most likely still likes her now.. Or Lana Del Reys Born To Die album which I absolutely love and I think is aimed at a mixed age group.. These cd's are both available in HMV..

So what are you ladies planning on getting that oh so special person this mothers day?
What do you think of the idea's above?

x

Popular Posts