Wednesday, 4 April 2012

Every gal should have a diary...

Well hello ladies, It was my best friends 21st last night so I spent all of yesterday getting ready and all of today dying of a hangover! 
Tonight's post is about diary's. I've always been one to keep a diary (or two) from a really young age.

Diary: a personal record of daily events, appointments, observations, etc.

Personal as they are I've decided to let you in and show you some of the diaries I've kept throughout the years...

The personal diary...
I purchased this adorable Diddlina diary when I was younger to keep all of my deepest darkest secrets.. It's absolutely hilarious to read now as all it is is a journal filled with bitching, angry rants and complaints about school, parents and teachers! I don't keep diaries like this anymore (That stopped a long time ago!) as I don't really keep secrets and if I did I don't think I'd write them somewhere people can find them! However, I'm keeping all of my old diaries like this to show to my kids and grandchildren! lol..

The Memory diary...

I kept this diary when I was around eight or nine... I basically collected things wherever I went, business cards, sweet wrappers, concert tickets etc.. and stuck them down in my diary and wrote about my day.
I used to really enjoy doing this and although pointless It's still great fun to look back at!

The planner...
We all need one. I'm a freak for writing lists and they go in my little Monet diary. My dad got it for me! He knows I love art so of course he went for this one! Any appointments I make, holidays I'm taking or events I attend go in here and it comes with me most places I go. I don't think I could live without one of these!

The Visual Diary...



I started keeping a visual diary last year as part of college work and I absolutely love them! I'm not the best artist in the world as I tend to love the fashion side of it more but keeping a visual diary is so therapeutic!
If you're feeling low, draw something, make a collage, paint! anything! It's personal, it's fun and it's really inspiring. There's nothing better than heading to a museum or the Botanic gardens, sitting down and drawing, or coming up with fashion sketches and outfit idea's! I definitely think everyone should have one of these!

The Blogging Diary...
My dad also picked up this one for me, It's a Unicef notebook so the money went to charity. I use this for blogging.. If I'm doing an outfit post I always write out where the outfits are from so it's easier to relocate them when I'm putting in Links etc.. I also jot down any post idea's that pop into my head and write lists in here. It's great!

The creative diary...


My sister bought me this a couple of Christmas's ago. I think the diary itself is from Easons as I've seen some beautiful, similar ones. As you've probably guessed by now I love to write, weather it be a short story, a poem or a song it's nice to have somewhere personal to keep them all. This started off as a notebook to write songs and became more of a creative diary where I write, draw and I also keep my guitar chords in there. My sister, being very sentimental, stuck in pictures of us and wrote an Anne Bogart quote to keep me inspired! I haven't really written in this in a while but again, it's great to look back at.

What do you ladies think of the whole keeping diaries thing?

x




Popular Posts