Sunday, 6 May 2012

Some Great Documentaries...

It's the 6th of May already? Geesh where does time go?
I've been spending a lot of time watching documentaries lately, because I'm cool like that! lol
I enjoy them so much more than movies as they're so informative and you always feel that bit smarter after watching them! He he... 
So I've composed a list of some of my favorites.. 
Bear in mind that I haven't seen very many so if you have any suggestions that you think I might like let me know!

Exit Through The Gift Shop
I'm a huge fan of the amazing Graffiti artist Banksy.. (If you don't know him check out the post I done on him back in September here!).. So I watched this documentary thinking it would be all about him, funnily enough the camera is turned on the chap that's making the documentary who is an absolutely hilarious character.. 
Banksy does have a great part in it along with other great artists such as Shepard Fairey and Invader. 
If you're a fan of art, or even just street art you'll love this!


Dark Days
A documentary by Mark Singer about the many homeless people who chose to live beneath the New York City Underground railway system. You're introduced to some brilliant people, you get to know their stories of how they became homeless and see the living conditions they endured for years.
 This has to be my favorite as it's super interesting and absolutely unbelievable! I definitely recommend you all to watch it!


Super High Me
I'm sure you all remember Super size me? Well comedian Doug Benson took it to a whole new level when he documented himself giving up weed for thirty days, then smoking it for another thirty in order to determine the effects that Marijuana has on humans. It gives viewers an insight into the medicinal marijuana laws in LA and is a funny and enjoyable watch.


The September Issue
Vogue is a magazine to some and a fashion Bible to others.
This documentary let's us inside Vogue's headquarters in 2007 and shows us just what goes into making the hugely successful September Issue... We get to know Anna Wintour, or the 'ice queen' as some would call her and believe me, you'll appreciate each little detail that goes into the magazine for the rest of your days after seeing this! For the Fashion lovers like me, watch this now!!!


Jesus Camp
This ones based on a Christian summer camp in America which teaches children to 'Take back america for Christ' I don't know how else to tell you this but in my own words so... It's about an evangelical christian community who try to brainwash children so that they can some day change the world... Although it's interesting and really insightful I have to warn you that it's pretty sick, (I came across a comment claiming that it's more disturbing than the human centipede) but definitely worth a watch!


Good Hair
I'm mad for hair extensions so I really enjoyed this documentary in which comedian Chris Rock (after being asked by his daughter why she didn't have good hair) explores the hair extension and weave industry in order to find out what good hair really is. I have to say I learned a lot from it as I never had any idea of the things African American women have to put their heads (and pockets) through in order to be happy with their hair! Another one that's definitely worth a watch!



Have you ladies seen any of the above? If so what did you think of them? 
Also, if you have any recommendations of good documentaries let me know, I'm always looking for new ones!

x


Popular Posts