Monday, 14 May 2012

Where Is My Mind?

So it's tune Tuesday, and this week I thought I'd change things up a bit and dedicate it to the song 'Where Is My Mind'..
The song is written and performed by The Pixies.. It's said that it was written about a scuba diving experience that Black Francis (front-man of the band) had. 
Funnily enough, although written about something that random, it happens to be one of my favorite songs in the whole wide world and has been covered by many artists. The other day I was having a listen to it and realized that I'm actually yet to hear a bad version of the song! Here are some great covers of it...

The Pixies
This here is the original by the Pixies, it's probably most famous for being on the soundtrack for the movie 'Fight Club'...

Placebo
I've mentioned Placebo before on my blog as I absolutely love them and am obsessed with Brian Molko's enchanting voice which happens to suit this song perfectly!

M.I.A - 20 Dollars
M.I.A even managed to put her own little twist on the song by covering parts of it in her song 20 dollar which was part of her hit album 'Kana'

Bassnectar
This ones more of a remix than a cover, I'm a huge fan of Bassnectar and was delighted when I found this beauty of a song! 

Yoav and Emily Browning
This is my most recent find and what inspired this post. This haunting, beautiful cover of the song was featured in the film 'Sucker Punch'.. Emily Browning (The actress in sucker punch, you may remember her from A Series Of Unfortunate Events too!) has such a stunning, mezmorising voice! Talk about multi-talented!

Do you know any other great covers of this song? 
I'd love to hear them!
:)
x

Popular Posts