Saturday, 30 June 2012

Charity Dinner Dance in aid of St Francis Hospice

I've been dying to post about this night for ages now but the pictures were only released the other day..
Back in April my mam decided to host a charity dinner dance for St Francis Hospice in Raheny, who took absolutely amazing care of my grandad when he spent his last few weeks there back in February. 
The hospice is run on donations so we wanted to show them some gratitude and appreciation for their kindness. 
We held the dinner dance in a nearby hotel. It involved a champagne reception, a meal, a raffle,  a band and lots of dancing and a little fashion show with clothes from Shamon Boutique in Castleknock and  jewelry  from Tower Jewellers, Blanchardstown. 

Rather than going out and having to pay for models my mother managed to convince me, some cousins and a couple of friends to model the clothing. Although it was the most nerve wrecking thing I've ever done in my life it actually ended up being so much fun! Not to mention that it added a nice, personal touch and I love how we're all different shapes and sizes rather than being starving looking skeletons!

So here are some snaps from the night, photography by Una Williams.

This is my mam, dad and me. I purchased my dress for the night in Julien, Stephens Green.The dress my mum is wearing is also from Julien, it was inspired by Kate Middletons birthday dress but my mam (always afraid that someone will show up in the same dress as her!) decided to change things up a bit by adding the belt, brooch and some embellishments to the sleeves.

This one was taken on a phone but I just had to show you how hot my best friend Stephanie (from Style Me Ricci) looked in her tux. She was my date for the night we felt like we were at prom!
And the rest of the pictures are from the fashion show..






Despite the fact that I'd been at the hotel since earlier that morning trying to set everything up, It ended up being a really fun night and we managed to earn almost 8500 for the charity!
I'm so proud of the mammy! :)

x





Popular Posts