Monday, 25 June 2012

The Christening: OOTD

So I attended my little cousins christening today and thought I'd show you ladies what I wore.
I always find it really hard to dress for family events. I like to look dressy but still classy as they'd hardly be impressed if I showed up in an outfit I'd wear out clubbing! 
I thought a midi skirt would be perfect for the occasion, they're so feminine and ladylike and I just can't get enough of them! 




Excuse the crappy photo's it was quite windy!
I spotted a mint green pleated maxi skirt in H&M a few months ago but never got around to buying it, to my absolute delight I found an identical one in Zara.. It was 50 euro which I think is a fair enough price for a piece like this that can be dressed up with heels or worn casual with flats. I just know I'm going to get loads of wear out of it this summer and it's so comfortable! 

The blouse is from Topshop, It has an embroidered collar which I absolutely love. I got it on sale for around twenty euro which of course is a brilliant price for such an increasingly expensive shop! I always wear shirts buttoned up to the top I just think it's so cute! The great thing about shirts like this is that you can wear them in so many ways, I wore a vest top under it today but on a night out I'd probably wear a bra or crop top underneath, you can wear the buttons closed, slightly open or opened top to bottom like a little sleeveless cardigan!

The shoes, which I've mentioned before in outfit posts are from Korky's, and although they are super high they're probably one of the most comfortable pairs I have! I was literally walking up hills in them and not one blister has appeared! They also make me tower above my tiny Italian family! lol

Thought I'd also show off my new sunglasses which I got in River Island a few weeks ago.
They were 19 euro and I just love the little vintage touch they add to any outfit! The watch I'm wearing was a birthday present from my aunt, I love white watches they seem to go with everything!

All in all I had such a great day! Just a big shout out to the sun...yes, the sun! Thanks for being around today! You were lovely! :)

x

Popular Posts