Friday, 15 June 2012

Unce Unce Unce...

I was almost finished writing a long, detailed rant of a post about some of the awful teachers I had back in school when that creepy little file popped up saying 'Oops something went wrong!' and my laptop decided to die right in front of my eyes. 
I took that as a sign and decided that rather than re-write every harsh remark I'd made about those feckers, I'd post some tunes... 
Two songs popped into my mind that I've been listening to all week!

Petula Clark - Downtown
I watched Girl, Interrupted not once, but twice the other day! I was bored and watched it online in crappy quality, then funnily enough it was on tv later that night, damn those creepy psychic moments, so I re-watched it and enjoyed it even more! Of course if you've seen Girl, Interrupted you'll remember the scene in which Winona Ryder and Angelina Jolie sit outside one of the other patients door with a guitar and sing this song to cheer her up! You may also remember it from Lost. I just love it!

Dubfx - Flow ft Woodnote
 For those of you who like deadly music (lol) I was introduced to Dubfx at a party last week and I'm amazed! Benjamin Stanford from St Kilda, Melbourne, is a street busker who likes performing live using live looping and effect pedals with only the sound of his own voice! I actually didn't believe the people who were explaining it to me but after listening to his stuff, and of course wiki-ing his ass I've come to discover that this guy is actually a musical genius!

I've noticed yet another crash in the blogging community, I'm not sure if it's just me but just as comments were building back up and it felt like people were actually reading my blog, they came to a halt once again. What the heck is going on? Am I that boring? lol!

x


Popular Posts