Monday, 8 October 2012

Chinese Designer Appreciation: Yang Du

In last weeks history of costume class we began studying Chinese fashion throughout the years...
It just so happens to be extremely interesting and my favorite topic so far..
After learning about the Silk road, the Shang period and various other historical topics, I found myself curious to see how Chinese fashion has developed today, and researched into a few Chinese designers.
Yang Du, a surrealist designer, was among my favorites!
With collections called 'Falling in love is a risk' and 'It is a dream in colors' you just know this one is going to be interesting! I love how her pieces are crazy, colorful and oh so out there just like Chinese fashion is today! Here's a look at some of my favorite pieces from various collections...







To see more of these fabulous creations check out her official website here!
x

Popular Posts