Friday, 13 September 2013

On Repeat: Haim!



It feels like it's been decades since I've written about music, so I thought I'd add another 'What I'm Listening To' feature to my blog. Just before the summer, the lovely Haim, an LA based band made up of three sisters, caught my eye, or should I say ear, hehe!..
I first heard them when I stumbled upon a youtube video of them performing their hit song 'Go Slow' live at what looks like a tent in a music festival. It sounded so beautiful that I just knew these gals were right up my street!


 Their sound is so different from anything I've heard today and SCREAMS girl power! I can definitely see myself in the car on a sunny day, windows rolled down, blaring their tunes! I love their flawless, easy-going look and the nineties vibes in their songs. Takes me right back to the good auld days!
The girls are frequently compared to Fleetwood mac, they performed at Glastonbury this year and signed with Jay-Z's Roc Nation management group.
Their debut album 'Days are Gone' will be released on the 30th of September, I don't know about you ladies but I'm counting the days!
To learn more about the band check out their official website here!
x

Popular Posts