Friday, 25 October 2013

Lush Wishlist!

Working in Lush has me longing for a new hair and skincare regime! 
For once in my life my skin is in great condition and I want to keep it that way, my hair on the other hand is a different kettle of fish.. To start with; I haven't had it cut in months, I haven't had it coloured in years and the use of my heated waving wand (at the highest heat) almost every other day has it dried out, not to mention the product build up I'm suffering from the use of oils, heat protectants and supermarket brand hairspray. So when the store isn't busy, I've been wandering around smelling, demoing and taking home testers of the products that will work for me, here they are:


1. Angels on Bare Skin Cleanser
I've really been seeing how effective Lush's fresh cleansers are as I demo them on the hands of each customer. They're usually shocked at the difference between both hands afterwards, the demo hand being much cleaner, brighter and balanced. My skin has been acting lovely lately and I only suffer the odd spot before T.O.M. Angels on Bare Skin is therefore perfect for me. A more gentle cleanser with a light scrub, it contains beautiful ingredients such as rose absolut to take down redness, Lavender for a lovely scent and as a natural antiseptic and chamomile blue to even out your skin tone and leave you glowing. The trick with Lush's gloopy cleansers is to add a little water before applying to create a nice paste, plaster on your face and wash off with a wet cloth or your hands.

2. Breath of Fresh Air Toner Water
I've never been a fan of toning as it's usually too harsh on my skin, but Breath of fresh air is light and refreshing with gentle ingredients such as seawater, seaweed and aloe gel to remove any excess cleanser you may have left behind and to lock in moisture. Another great tip with these toner waters is that they can be sprayed on your pillow before bed to act as an anti-bacterial. A lot of people suffer from breakouts due to a buildup of sweat, dead skin and makeup on their pillow case so a squirt of this before sleepy time is a great trick!

3. Gorgeous Moisturiser 
During training we were told that the creator of Gorgeous had originally been commissioned to create a cream for Lady Diana herself, and I was immediately sold! It's one of the more expensive moisturisers of the bunch but is great for breakouts, scarring and soft, baby-like skin. Containing six different plant oils, orange blossom honey water and zesty fruits such as orange, pineapple and lemon for their enzymic properties, Gorgeous is a luxurious and effective cream!

4. You've Been Mangoed Bath Melt
Lush's bath melts were designed to melt in the bath, colouring the water and creating a heavily scented, super moisturising experience. You've Been Mangoed is a refreshing wake up call with ingredients like avocado, mango and cocoa butter. 

5. Jumping Juniper Shampoo Bar
Despite the broken, dried bottoms of my hair, my roots remain oily as ever and I'm forced to wash it every other day. Jumping Juniper contains Juniperberry oil to get rid of greasiness and add shine and bounce and is infused with rosemary and lavender so that your hair smells heavenly all day long. For anyone that hasn't tried Lush's solid shampoo bars I definitely recommend them. They're great value for money and just E7.20 and last sixty washes, not to mention that there's one for pretty much every hair type out there including a volume one, one for people who suffer from dandruff and one for hair growth.

6. Caca Brun Henna
I've been eyeing up the henna bars for quite some time now and have finally decided that they're just what I need! I never change my natural, brown hair colour but used to get a chocolate brown semi every few months, just to give it that richness and shine. Taking into account the condition my hair is in right now, I feel like if I put any chemical dyes in it, it will crack right off and I'll end up bald! Irish moss powder, nettle powder, Indigo herb and the finest persian henna create a beautiful rich brown and you can leave it in for as long as you want depending on the desired effect. Lush Henna is made to be melted like chocolate, left in your hair and va va voom, a healthy alternative to dying!

 7. Santa Baby Lip Tint
Mac's Ruby Woo is my go to lipstick for a super pigmented red lip, but mac's prices have me in search of a cheaper alternative that I can wear to work every day, and Santa Baby is perfect! It's just as pigmented, but cocoa butter based so it keeps your lips moisturised whilst making them look kissable as ever!

8. Buffy Body Butter
Ground rice, ground almonds and ground aduki beans make for the perfect, buffering body butter. I love the fact that it's solid and it smells like suncream, so that you can smell like sun, sand and sea all day long!

9. Ocean Salt Body Scrub
 I need to add some sort of exfoliator to my regime and sea salt, coconuts and lime are the perfect combination of gentle ingredients to get rid of any dead skin leaving you squeaky clean and polished with a beachy scent.

10. American Cream conditioner
I don't care what effects this one has on your hair, if it dyes it puke green I probably still wouldn't care because the strawberry and vanilla milkshake scent has me hypnotised and brainwashed. I need this conditioner in my life. Now. 

So that's everything I need, now the countdown begins until my first pay-day.. It's going to be a long, difficult wait but I know already (from sampling them in store while I'm bored) that I'm going to adore each and every product on this list. 
What Lush products are you ladies dying to get your hands on?
If you need any advice or have any questions about the skincare or haircare regime that might suit you, just leave a comment and I can help you choose :)

x

Popular Posts