Thursday, 28 November 2013

My Lush Skincare Regime..


This day last year I was living in Florence and celebrating Thanksgiving for the first time ever with all of my American roommates. We don't celebrate the holiday here in Ireland by how I wish we did as there's nothing I'd love more now than a big slice of pumpkin pie! So happy Thanksgiving to all of you, my lovely followers!


Cleanse, tone, moisturize, Cleanse, tone, moisturize.. I've been through so many skincare regimes in my life but now I've found the one! I had never heard of Lush's Fresh facial cleansers until I got my job there, after seeing how they're freshly cut and potted in store and after sampling a few different ones Angels on Bare Skin was the one I loved most. I don't have a lot of trouble with my skin, I don't suffer from acne and am only bothered by a couple of spots when Tom comes around so I wanted something mild, that would help with my deathly complexion, dark circles and balance out my skin tone.

Angels on Bare Skin



If you don't already know, the face and body cleansers have a gloopy, bally consistency, to use simply grab a little bit, add some water to it and create a milky little paste. You really don't need a lot, my sample pot lasted me the best part of two weeks and now that I have the large tub it still looks almost untouched! Rub it all over your face, Angels has a lovely light scrub thanks to the almond shells which release the lovely almond milk when mixed with the water. This is great for toning and brightening! I like to leave mine on for a minute before washing it off so I can really feel the effects! Other ingredients include Kaolin which absorbs grease and gives a gentle cleanse, A sprinkle of lavender which activates, balances and is a little natural antiseptic, and topped off with some essential oils and vegetable glycerine for a face as soft as a babies bottom. The idea behind this fresh cleanser is that it's 'As gentle and beautiful as being kissed by Angels'. 100% natural ingredients leaves no room for chemicals and by taking away the water content preservatives could be dismissed! I'm in love with the earthy, lavender scent and the way my skin feels afterwards! I've been looking much more refreshed, my skin tone is lovely and balanced and I don't even feel the need to wear foundation to work anymore, yep you heard me, the girl that once refused to even go to the supermarket without foundation has stopped wearing it! A little bronzer, blush and mascara and I'm ready for my shift.. And the lack of face painting has meant more time in bed in the mornings or time for a nice cuppa before I run after the bus!

Breath of Fresh air Toner Water


Other toners used to be way too harsh for me, they irritated and dried out my skin a lot, so I wasn't too keen on buying one, but upon learning more about Lush's range I fell in love with them not only for their refreshing scent and ability to lock in moisture, but for the multiple things you can use them for!
-Breath of Fresh air, like any toner, can be used after cleansing to lock in moisture and remove any excess cleanser you might have left behind. It's also great after using a face mask to again remove any excess. For this I spray it on some cotton pads and massage into my face.

-You can use this toner any time throughout the day to waken or freshen yourself up. It contains sea water which makes your feel brand new!
-Continuing on from the last point the toner would be great for freshening up on a long flight when cabin pressure is drying out and dehydrating your face.
-It contains Patchouli, which is hated by bugs so it can also be used as a bug or mosquito repellant during the hot summer months.
-It also contains lavender which is great for helping you sleep, a few sprays on your pillow and you'll be on your way to the land of nod.
-It's also great as a pillow cleaner, A lot of people don't realize that a buildup of saliva (guilty, I drool like a bulldog!), dirt and makeup (because who takes their makeup off when they can hardly make it up the stairs) on your pillowcase can easily cause breakouts! So if you haven't had time to throw your pillowcase in the wash this week you can spritz some of this on as a light antiseptic.
-It's also great for cooling down sunburn and giving some extra moisture to the area.
-And lastly it contains the amazing ingredient that is Aloe Vera, so it's great for gently healing up acne scars or any scars you may have for that matter!
So not only is this a fantastic everyday cleanser with zero stinging, itching or irritation, it's also a great product to have for travelling!

Cosmetic Lad Moisturizer


This moisturizer was made with men in mind. It's great for lads to shave with or use after shaving. Despite it seeming very manly many girls swear by the stuff, and upon hearing the ingredients you'll see why! Aloe Vera again, any product that contains this cooling ingredient is a want for me, Fresh wheatgrass which is an antioxidant, Lavender water and honey which moisturizes and is a natural antiseptic and African marigold which has anti-redness and regenerative powers. The moisturizer isn't heavily scented but some tangerine and sandalwood essential oils give it a mildly zesty smell. I'm not a big fan of extremely heavy moisturizers and this one absorbs well into the skin without leaving a greasy layer. Oh, and did I mention that it's the cheapest of the bunch?

You can see these products and more on the Lush website here!
It's a little less than a month that I've been using these products and I have to say, my skin has never been better, I'm starting to remember why I became such a Lushie all those years ago, because products that give me satisfying end results like this are so worth a trip into the wonderful smelling realm that is Lush!
Have you ladies used any of the fresh cleansers, toner waters or moisturizers from lush? If so tell me all about them, how did you find them on your skin? Were your results as impressive as mine?
Also if you're thinking of splashing out on some and are not sure which to go for I can be of assistance! I've had to learn all about the products to sell them so just pop a comment with your skin type (Oily, dry, acne..) and I can give you some great recommendations on which to choose!

Also don't forget to enter my Lush Stardust Giveaway here!


Popular Posts