Thursday, 27 February 2014

What I Wore: Formal

Well hello!
I attended my annual Charity ball on Monday night and it was fantastic as usual..
Some of the proceeds were donated to the cystic fibrosis unit in Our Ladies Childrens Hospital, Crumlin, such a great cause.
So I had a little dress crisis a few days before the event, I tried on the dress I'd originally purchased and it just wasn't sitting right, so me and the mammy went on a little Vintage shop hunt for a nice, yet affordable gown… No better place than Retro in Georges street Arcade to find one. 

I was feeling a little sulky as I'd been shopping all day and wasn't even going to try on the dress until my mam and the lovely, helpful ladies in the shop convinced me, and happily enough it was exactly what I wanted!
Cut from a vintage pattern and made with a dark green velvet, It was the perfect mix of sexy and elegant.


I picked up my little antique looking bag in TKmaxx, I just thought it was perfect for the look, keeping it nice and old fashioned.. I wore dangly diamond earrings, also from TKmaxx, and kept the neckline bare as I didn't want to overdo it.
Altogether I spend a little over one hundred euro, which is the least I've ever paid for evening wear. 
I had a fantastic night and to my surprise the dress was so comfy, with the help of some boob tape I didn't have to worry about it falling down.



My best friend was looking stunning on the night in her embellished white dress!

x





Popular Posts